Frequently Asked Questions
How do I register with Zunder?
You can choose and create two types of accounts, “personal” or “company”.
Set up your account filling in your general details and add a profile picture if you wish.
How do I register my vehicle?
Choose the brand, model, battery and number plate of your electric vehicle and complete your registration – your car is now registered!
If the vehicle you have added is compatible with Plug&Charge functionality, the application will indicate this at the end of the registration.
You can add several vehicles at the same time and set one of them as the preferred vehicle. Before starting a charge the Zunder App will allow you to select the vehicle you wish to charge.
How do I add a payment method in my account?
When you click on this you will be redirected to a virtual POS to add your credit or debit card (It is important to know that Zunder accepts any VISA or MASTERCARD credit or debit card but DOES NOT ACCEPT AMERICAN EXPRESS cards).
Once you complete the registration your bank will ask you to confirm your identity.
You can add several payment methods active in your profile and set one of them as your default payment method.
What payment methods does Zunder accept?
How do I activate the NISSAN user discount?
To activate the discount, you will only need to send us the following documents through e-mail email@example.com:
- A copy of your vehicle registration certificate
- A fotograph of your vehicle identification number (VIN) found on the windscreen
- Indication of the e-mail you registered on the Zunder app with
For more information, you can review this link where you will find all the details Or this post on our blog.
What is Plug&Charge?
To do so, you need to add an electric vehicle compatible with Plu&Charge to your profile. You will know if your vehicle is compatible once you add it (the application will alert you if it is).
The charger itself will identify the vehicle and start charging immediately. There is no need to start charging from the app and no need to use your Zunder Keychain – there is no easier and simpler way to do it!
How to activate the Plug&Charge?
Once this process is completed you will have Plug&Charge functionality active and the next charge you make will start automatically when you connect your vehicle to the charger!
Before starting a charging session
How can I find a Zunder charging station?
With Zunder you have two easy ways to find a charging station or charging point:
- From the MAP on our website, where you can see the different charging points we have all over Spain and Europe. If you click on the location you want, you will see the connectors at that station, as well as their availability in real time (green-available, blue-charging, red-disabled).
- Through the Zunder APP, when you enter it the first thing you find is your current location on our map, there you can see the nearest charging points and stations or if you want to find them in a specific place, in the “Search” bar, type your destination.
How do I know which charging points are active?
How long does it take to charge an electric vehicle?
- Capacity of your vehicle’s battery
- Power supplied by the charger
- Power that your electric vehicle is able to accept
One factor to bear in mind is that most electric vehicles can withstand high charging power up to 80% of their capacity. After that, the power decreases in order to preserve the health of the battery. This means that if we want to charge our vehicle to full capacity, the waiting time will be quite long.
A rough way to calculate how long it will take to charge your vehicle is to divide the battery capacity by the charging power.
However, vehicles usually display on their interior screens the estimated waiting time until the desired charge percentage is reached.
How much does it cost to charge an electric vehicle?
The cheapest way to charge your EV is to do it at home, during off-peak hours when energy prices are cheaper. Depending on your bill and the capacity of your vehicle, the cost will vary.
There are free charging points in shopping centres and supermarkets. Some city councils even offer free charging points in different parts of the city.
If you are going to charge your vehicle at Zunder you should know that there are fixed rates depending on the power you will need:
- Ultra-fast charging (from 90 kWh): €0.55/kWh
- Ultra-fast charging (between 50 and 90 kWh): 0,40€/kWh
- Fast charging (up to 50 kWh): €0.30/kWh
- Semi-fast charging (22 to 43 kWh): €0.20/kWh
In addition, Nissan users get a 50% discount on fast and ultra-fast charging points.
During the charging session
How do I activate a charge in Zunder?
- From the App: Click on the central “Zunder” button in the app. You can scan the QR on each connector or enter the numerical code you will find on the sticker itself.
- With your Zunder Key Fob: Once you have it associated to your account, all you have to do is connect your vehicle to the charger you are going to use, bring your key fob close to the reader of that charger and the charging will start automatically.
- Plug&Charge funcionality: If you have a vehicle compatible with this functionality and you have it associated to your profile, by simply connecting your car to the charger, it will recognise it and the charging session will start automatically and immediately.
The charge does not start, what do I do?
Check that all the doors of the car are closed, some cars understand that if a door is open, the vehicle is on.
Another common reason is having the car plugged in for too long without starting the charge. Reattach the cable to the charger, wait a few seconds and try again.
If the charging still does not start, call us on 979 300 500 and we will help you to solve the problem.
How can I contact Zunder if I have a problem during charge?
You can also notify us of any incident through our Social Networks or via our email firstname.lastname@example.org
End the charging session
How do I end an active charge?
- From the App: By clicking on the active charge, the option “End charge” is displayed and you can view details of the session.
- With your Zunder keychain: Once you have completed charging, swipe your keychain over the reader of the charger you are using, charging will stop immediately.
- From the vehicle itself: Many electric vehicles have the option to end the active charging session from their own screen.
In all options, once the charging session is completed, your active payment method will be charged automatically.
How do I pay?
How can I access the historical chargers?
Clicking the “Charges” section in the APP menu will give you access to your charging history in Zunder charging stations.
Each charge on the list will show the code of the charger you used, the date and time at which you started charging and the amount of kWh which you recharged.
If you click a certain charge, you will be able to see all the information about it. Cost, percentage of battery charged and charging curves.
You can also access that data in real time by clicking on an active charge.
Zunder RFID keychains
What is the Zunder RFID keychain for?
The Zunder RFID keychains are an optional complement that will make your charges at our stations even simpler and quicker
Once you have associated the keychain with your Zunder account, there will be no need to get your phone out in order to charge your car
Arrive at the charging station with your car, connect your vehicle to the charger you are going to use and the charging will start automatically
To finish the charge, do the inverse. Bring your keychain to close proximity with the reader and the charging will stop, dissconnect the vehicle, place the connector back on the charger and continue your trip.
How can I buy the Zunder RFID keychain?
Go to the “Shop” in the “Menu” section of the app. Once you have added a valid payment method, you can complete the purchase process.
The keychain costs 19,95€ of which 10 are automatically added as a credit in your user profile, ready to be enjoyed on your next upload!
It is important that you add a valid postal address in your profile. This is where we will send your RFID Keyring.
How do I associate the Zunder keychain with my user?
You can activate it in the “Keyrings” section of the app. If you have more than one kechain, you can add them all here.
Enter the code you have received (save this code in case you need it again) and a name that identifies that keychain. Everything is ready to make your next charge easier!
What is the difference between a DC charge and AC charge?
An electric vehicle can be charged using alternating current (AC) or direct current (DC). The current delivered by the grid is always AC and a vehicle can store DC.
Therefore, it is necesary to transform the AC supply into DC for the vehicles to store, which also happens for all the electrical devices we use nowadays.
Charges on alternating current
Electric vehicles have a device in charge of converting alternating current (AC) into direct current (DC) to be able to store the energy in the batteries. It is the process used, for example, when charging in domestic chargers.
Charges on direct current
In these types of charges, the change from AC to DC is done by directly by the charger to which we are connecting. This way, the energy enters the battey directly without the need for it to go through other systems and components in the vehicle. These are the typical chargers that you will encounter on the road, during trips, as the charging power is much greater than in AC chargers.
Can I travel long journeys with my electric vehicle?
Electric mobility has evolved greatly in the last few years and keeps doing so today. With the current technology both of vehicles and charging stations its possible to go on long road trips without a problem.
The current electric vehicles have a very long range that allow some models to travel over 550km on a single charge. Aditionally, the infrastructure allows users to charge their vehicles with very high currents, greatly reducing the charging time and as a result the timespan of the trip
However, it is also true that a long trip on an EV requires a detailed plan to organize stops at charging stations and making these coincide with, for example, lunch or dinner. Optimising the travell time is vital on long trips
What types of electric vehicle charging connectors are there?
If you do not own an EV yet or have had one for a very short period of time, it’s possible that you’re not very familiarised with the different connectors that exist to charge an EV
Depending on the model of your car and the type of place you charge it at, you will use one charger or another
There are two types of rapid charging connections for Direct current (DC) chargers
- CHAdeMO, typically found in Japanese vehicles and offering a maximum charge of 100kWh
- CCS Combo is the most typical connector and is capable of supporting up to 350kWh
There are also connectors that are specific for fast or slow charging on alternating current (AC):
- Type 1 , which allows for a maximum power output of 7,4 kW
- Mennekes or Type 2, which allow charges of 22kWh if used at home or up to 43kWh at charging stations due to their triphasic power delivery.
What do I do if my EV runs out of battery?
If, unfortunately, your vehicle uses up all of its battery before you reach a charging station, you must get in contact with your insurance so that they can assist you in towing your car to the closest charging station.
There are some insurance companies that have their tow trucks equiped with chargers so you can charge your vehicle enough to get to the closest station without the need to be towed.